Wine & Spirit Education Trust Level 1 Award in Wines - 1 Day Course
This introductory course is a good starting point for those wishing to develop their basic knowledge about wine. It is suitable for the novice wine enthusiast and as a first step for anyone planning to work in the wine or hospitality industry. The course covers:-
- Identifying the main types and styles of wine available
- Characteristics of the principal grape varieties
- How to store wine
- How to serve wine including temperature, opening and pouring wine
- Identifying common faults found in wines
- Understanding the basic principles of food and wine pairing
- Understanding issues relating to the safe consumption of wine
The course fee includes tasting of 8 wines, a lunch of cheese and charcuterie, your WSET study book, examination fees and certificate.
No prior experience of wine tasting is required for this course. For more information click here to read the WSET's pdf brochure or talk to us by popping into The Wine Parlour, by email, or by telephone on 0203 302 1617 .
Courses cost £165
We also run WSET Level 2 and Level 3 courses. Click here to read more about the Level 2 qualification.