Wine & Spirit Education Trust Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits - weekend and evening courses
The WSET Level 2 course is for those with a very basic understanding of wine and spirits who want to develop their knowledge. It is an important qualification for those working or seeking to work in the wine or hospitality industry who require a sound but simple level of knowledge about wine and spirits. It is also suitable for wine enthusiasts who want to learn about wine using a more structured programme and formal assessment. Completing the WSET Level 2 in London, you will look at the principles of wine tasting, enable you to interpret the labels of the major wines and spirits available across the world and give basic guidance on the selection and serving of wine.
The Wine Parlour's tasting room offers a quiet and relaxing environment for students. Course materials including hand outs and links are also available on-line via our own portal.
You do not need to have completed level 1 in order to book a place on the WSET Level 2 course. The course fee covers:-
- Tasting of between 30 - 35 wines over the course
- WSET study pack
- Examination fees
- Course led by a WSET qualified tutor
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate
The award also requires approximately 12 hours of private study which you will be advised by your tutor. Some of this may be done before the start of the course.
The Level 2 Award is assessed by a 1 hour examination paper comprising with 50 multiple-choice questions.. A mark of 55% is needed to pass the exam. The exam is included in the dates and times of the course.
Our students have a 100% pass rate at Merit or Distinction level
Courses cost £385 and are run over 4 Saturdays or Sundays or 8 weekday evenings.
We also run WSET Level 3 courses. Click here to read more about the Level 3 qualification.
Is WSET Level 2 your perfect wine qualification?
Love wine but find yourself drinking the same type of wine time and time again? If you’re like many of The Wine Parlour’s students who have an interest in wine but not quite had the chance to explore the word of wines then our Level 2 WSET training course in London is for you.
Designed to turn someone with a curiosity about wine into somebody who has a good rounded knowledge, our Level 2 course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you need to take your enjoyment of wine to a new level.
Here’s a quick look at just some of the things you’ll know after finishing the Level 2 course:
- Wine terminology – from age to yield, from acidity to yeast, never look up a wine word again!
- Understand how wine is made, how certain techniques impact the taste, how to assess what a wine may taste like based on the techniques used in its production
- The best way to store wine (hint, you don’t need a wine cellar!)
- How to serve wine depending on the type - when to decant wine and when not to, the correct way to serve wine
- Understanding the various types of grapes and how they are linked to each other
- How to link wines from different countries
- Dessert wines
The Wine Parlour’s Wine & Spirit Education Trust Level 2 (WSET) training courses are run over 4 Saturdays or Sundays or 8 evening sessions and cost only £385.00.